Office Carte Grise

Online registration service

Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Close this search box.

Change of marital status

My spouse has just died, how do I put the registration document in my name?

If you were married under the community of property regime, we may request a “change of marital status”. Otherwise, you will need to provide the notarial deed designating you as heir, and if applicable the letters of withdrawal in your favor of the other heirs

Is it compulsory to change the name on the gray card following the death of my spouse?

Yes, it is mandatory to make this change if you want to keep the vehicle